Monday, March 24, 2008

Sick at home feeling awful

I hate being sick! Well, lets start here...last week was spring break and a co-worker was sick, but with her, she hardly ever shows the symptoms, a cough here sometimes, and a sneezing occasionally, like we all do in that office (I think we are all allergic to something in that office...I know we are all allergic to work...haha...if only). Anyways, she said she had a sore throat, etc. in the middle of the week, and I didn't think anything of it. Saturday rolls around, and I start having a sore throat, and drainage in my throat. Well, when it comes to my throat, I immediately take a flash light and check my throat for any white bumps or anything disgusting. Yep, sure enough, there are white bumps in my throat, I think on my tonsils. So I of course call the doctors office to get an appointment, and what do you know, they are completely booked up and can't see anyone. Well Sunday was Easter of course, but I had called Scott & White to check and see if there was any clinic open, they gave me the name of the clinic and told me to call in the morning. Open? Whatever! I called the clinic they told me to call and they had a recorded message stating that they were closed for observing Easter. DUH! Anyways, I call around to other clinics, and I was on hold for 45 minutes trying to get in touch with someone in the office or at the front desk. NO ANSWER! Goodness! Well, so I had to suffer miserably with sore throat, cough, drainage, small fever, plugged up ears, etc.
I finally got an appointment this morning and went to see the doctor. Zac has been so sweet and helpful in taking care of me, making sure I am not supposed to be up and walking around, but resting. What a sweetheart! Well, he drove me this morning, and of course, what do I have that I knew I had, Tonsillitis! I have had this thing too many times in the past 5 years to recognize it, but it didn't hurt as much as it had been in the past, just a lot more drainage this time. I am extremely happy for that. Well, I get in to see the doctor, and all he tells me is that there isn't any medication to give me, all I have to do is drinks TONS of fluids and rest. I'm not even allowed to go to work for a couple of days, which I don't mind. But having to stay in bed, and sleep or rest, is almost impossible for a person that has ADD. Oh well, I am going to have to do the best I can. The doctor told me something interesting though, that Tonsilitis is a viral infection, which I didn't know. I thought it was something you would get after you drank after some one. Tonsilitis is close to having Strep Throat. But Strep is worse. I think the last time I had Strep, I think I was a kid. But anyways, I caught this from the person at work, and I am on bed rest. He said that if I am not careful and do what I am supposed to do, drinking lot so of fluids and really resting/sleeping, that it would turn into a bacterial infection which would be horrible. Please pray I don't get worse.
Anyways, I am tired and don't feel well, and I think the Tylenol Sore Throat and Cough is kicking in...that is great stuff! Talk more later.

No comments: