Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In the world of Boring!

It's Spring Break for everyone around here and it is times like this that I wish I were out and about having a great time and being easily distracted by something other than the reality of being here at my desk bored out of my mind. No fair! I feel like that little kid that got grounded and can't go outside to play with my friends. So I just watch them have fun while I sit at my window banging my head against it to see if I give myself a concussion in the hopes that my parents will take pity on me and let me go outside. How pathetic am I?

My husband is in Austin today for some stupid training that his boss decided for him to go to. Sure it gets him away from his desk, but his pathetic excuse of a superior needs to get it's head out of it's butt and realize that he is working his butt off for them making sure things work around the office. What a bunch of....well better not go there. I won't even go into all of that.

Since it is supposed to rain (umm, it is Texas, when it says it is going to rain, seriously, don't rely on the weather here, it always changes) he took my car instead of his to drive the whole 1 hour drive to Austin. LOL. My car that works, and has a defroster so that when it gets foggy from the humidity, will actually do something other than fog the window up more. When he asked to use my car last night, I was completely hesistant. I look at him as if to say, "and I am to drive what? I know you don't mean that P.O.S. that is sitting in the parking lot?" To repeat from Robots, "but it's not...shiny." But he looked up at me with those goofy puppy dog eyes and totally caved in. I hate it when he does that. lol. I don't mind. Well at least I didn't, until the minute I got out to his car to get in it this morning. I put the key in the door, turned it, took the key out and proceeded to open the door only to be rejected. "Failed" I tried again, it did the same thing. So I am standing there, finally putting my purse, bag, lunch, etc. on the ground and growling under my breath and calling it a "piece of crap". I had gotten to the point of actually putting my foot up on the car and using both hands to try and yank the car door open. Isn't that a visual! Finally, it decides to unlock and I open the door only to look in. At this point, I become the totally stuck up city girl and look in the car in disgust. Not my proudest moment I'll admit. The thing about my husbands car is that it was given to him by his parents as a getting around car until we decide to get him a new one, meaning when it finally dies. It's on its last leg anyways, that is why it is called "Ol' Blue." It gets him from point A to point B and back, but only that. Anywhere else we go, we use my car because it has air conditioning, and everything else works too. Shoot, my grandparents gave me an '89 Lincoln Towncar when I was a Senior in High School and loved that car. It was great, well taken care of and everyone loved piling in it to go around town. But the Lincoln was the same year as his, and mine was in way better shape. I had to trade it in for my Honda because of the Gas. What on earth happened to the car when his folks owned it? No wonder they wanted to get rid of it. Yeah...Thanks! lol.

Anyways, I get in the car being careful not to touch anything I don't have to and making sure I'm not sitting in anything, lol, j/k. I turn the car on and it makes a funny noise. I can't see over the steering wheel, so I am looking around trying to find some sort of lever or knob or button to move the seat up higher and closer to the steering wheel. All you other short people out there can sympathize with me. Yep, the knob is hanging off the seat by it's wires. Well I notice that there is a light on the dashboard that is lit saying "Brake!" So I look around and find the emergency break, step on it but it doesn't release or do anything. I find the 'break release' knob and pull and it doesn't do anything. I sit there in confusion, pick up my phone and call Zac and complain. lol. I was like, "it's not doing this", "what is this sound", "why is it doing that", and so on. He just laughed and patiently and lovingly told me the different things. I just tell him I don't know how he drives it everyday. He just laughed, and half joking, I tell him when he gets home, we need to get him a new car. I'm so awful. I know he doesn't feel any better about driving that car. But he is being very smart about the whole thing. Trying to save up money for 8 months and paying for a car in full. If we can make this car last that much longer, it will be better in the long run. Oh well. I love my husband and he has so much more patience and humility than I do. Me...I am a stuck up city girl. Wow, did I just say that?

No comments: