Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yesterday, Zac and I had our first session of Pre-Marriage Counseling, which is required at my church, with Pastor Andy. It was so wonderful! Andy is such an incredible Godly man, and I am so thankful for him. I thought it would be so difficult for me to open up to him and talk to him about my life and our relationship, but amazingly enough, it was so easy! He was so sweet and kind, gentle. I was even amazed that he knew my name when he saw me. Red was telling me this morning that I wouldn't put it past him that he probably knows more about me than I think. She was saying that he has a Shepard gift, and like any good Shepard, they know everything about their flock. WOW! I thought that was so cool the way she said that.
We started out by him getting to know us separately, from when we were born up until now. Then we talked about how we met. I almost cried a couple of times because when I describe how I fell in love with Zac and how much of a blessing he has been to my life, I always get misty. Andy talked to us about the important things that we would be discussing in these sessions:
1) Spiritual & Communication
2) Finances
3) The Home & Family
I loved every minute of it. It really didn't feel like it was only an hour. So I am really looking forward to the next session. But he did give us homework. Our homework was to compile a budget starting after the wedding, and then to read Ephesians 5:21-33 about Husbands and Wives. So next session will be in a couple of weeks, 1 down, 2 to go.

No comments: