Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Monday was one of those days where you wish you were in bed, in your pajamas and asleep. But unfortunately for those that are a part of the working world, rainy days aren't an excuse to stay home in bed. Well, we have been having the weirdest weather and a lot of rain for that matter. Monday was one of those days. Pouring down rain about every 15 minutes, lightening, and thunder. It was great, until I had to go and get in it. Rainy days are usually the days that I tend to wear a skirt and flip flops, so that way, I don't have to worry about any of my nice work shoes getting soaked with water. Then I would be walking around wish squishy shoes, which is not comfortable. Even the thought of it is just gross. lol. Well, I had to go to Hobby Lobby and Staples, usually my once a week errand for work. So I get over there, and it isn't raining yet, I grab my umbrella and walk into Staples. As soon as I walk up to the counter a couple of minutes later to check out, a waterfall of water just comes down. I laugh and all of a sudden I get a serious look on my face and realize, I have to go back out there. I have on my long black pants, and my nice Kenneth Cole slip ons. CRAP! But thankfully I have my umbrella with me. Yeah right, like that helped me at all. You know, the whole point of an umbrella is to keep you dry, keep the water off of you, etc. Nope, I think whomever invented the umbrella must have done it as a joke because they thought it would be funny to see people walk around all day with the top part of someone dry, and the bottom half completely drenched. lol. Well, I get my umbrella out and prepare myself for being soaked. And boy did I get soaked. I get my car door open, sit down with my umbrella still up between the car door and me, preparing to close it and get it in the car before my car fills up with water, *giggle* and as soon as I close my umbrella to pull it inside it was as if someone had turned on the water hose and aimed at me and open car door. I sat in my car after closing the door laughing because I had to go to another store on the opposite of this stripmall. Staples is on one side and Hobby Lobby is on the other. Oy! Well anyways, I get park at Hobby Lobby next to this big Red Tahoe which obviously, like most people in this town don't know how to do, was parked crooked. So my little Honda was kind of wedged between these two big cars, which left me about less than a foot to be able to open my car door without hitting the car next to me, get my umbrella out and squeeze me out while trying to stay dry. Not possible. lol. I get quickly, sort of, to the best of my ability and run towards the store, my umbrella gets pulled in different directions except above me. So while trying to keep the umbrella over my head, face drenched, pants soaked, my shoe comes off in the middle of the street. I'm limping along towards the store, wondering where my shoe went. I run back into the middle of the street hobbling along, slip my shoe on, in the meantime I'm betting the people that are waiting and watching in the foyer of Hobby Lobby are getting a great laugh as they watch this shlup trying to find her shoe in the rain. So I get in the store, and of course I am right, there are bunch of people watching me with this smirk on their faces like, "better you than me". Oh well. It had to happen to someone, and at least it gave me something funny to write about. Thank God for rainy days. Next time, I'll make sure to wear my flip flops and a skirt, just imagine what would happen then. Oy!

No comments: