Thursday, December 14, 2006

Getting ready for the holidays


Sunday Munchkin and I went to see Ballet Renee's Texas Nutcracker. It was so cute. It was great seeing munchkin's eyes light up watching the pretty ballerina's dance across the stage. She kept asking, "Kristen, can we go see the ballerina's backstage?" And of course I would tell her we would afterwards. We even got a couple of pictures with her and a ballerina. She was so adorable. Red was completely sick with a stomach bug, so I took her. I don't think I stopped for more than an hour on Sunday. It was crazy. Poor Red, she couldn't keep anything down and she was in bed just looking so pitiful. I hate getting a stomach bug. If it is one thing that I am a complete wimp and will act like a baby about, it is my stomach. I can pretty much handle a lot of other things, but not when it comes to my stomach. But we had fun at the ballet and it just kicked munchkin's drive to be a ballerina into overdrive. *giggle* She will definitely be a cute little ballerina. But watching that ballet reminded me of when I was in the Nutcracker in California when I was younger.
I was a little mouse and it was so adorable. My dad was the Nutcracker and he was amazing! We had tons of fun. Oh what I wouldn't give to have been able to stay in Ballet.
I guess you could say things are going well right now. I am just anxiously and eagerly awaiting next Thursday so I can drive East to see my family and Zac. I can't wait. So of course, this week, and I bet next week are going to go at a snails pace. That sucks!
Today, I am going to lunch with some girlfriends of mine from McLane Company. They are such a great group of women, and I am so blessed to have them as friends. Two of them are my bridesmaids. They were so excited when I asked them to be in my bridal party. They almost cried and said they were honored to be in the wedding with me. They even love the dress that is picked out for them. Both Chris and Misty said they were glad that I had picked out a dress that they could wear again. That makes me so happy because that is one of the things that was important to me. I don't want my friends to wear something that they can't wear again. That is why I didn't choose some AWFUL looking dress, like seafoam. That would be cruel. But I want them to be beautiful on my wedding day as well, not just me, ya know? It makes me very happy that they are excited about being in the wedding. Kim is a little sad because she can't be down here to help me with wedding plans, since she is my Maid of Honor and all. But I understand she has priorities as well. Things are really going to be executed until after the holidays anyways. But thankfully, I get to get out of Texas for a while and be around the ones that I can act silly with and understand me fully, and play Phase 10 with while reciting movie lines from stupid movies like, Tommy Boy and Shrek. *giggle* I love my weird family!

No comments: