Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bridal Fitting

Do you know how you are at a dress shop or a clothing store, you find an outfit that you are sure fits, you grab it and go to the dressing room to try it on; you start putting it on, and it WON'T fit?!!!?! Well, that is exactly what happened to me last night. I had my bridal fitting last night. I kept thinking all day, ok, finally things are starting to take off, I can get this in, get the bustle and then get it back in March and I will be ok. WRONG!!! I got there, got my bra and slip on, put the dress on and it wouldn't fit. So, I fling the bra off (nice visual, ha?) and it zipped up fine. Well, I get to the back where alterations are, and one of the seemstresses starts noticing that wire on the bottom of the dress was coming out and then I noticed a HUGE tear in my dress! I started crying right there and then. This is my wedding dress! She was so embaressed because the dresses weren't supposed to be sold like that. So they decided to get me the same size and in the same dress, they start to put it on me, and the zipper doesn't go up at all! And there were two seemstresses trying to get me into this thing. That zipper wouldn't budge. It was my ribcage that wouldn't let the zipper move. I have a barrel ribcage so it made it impossible for me to fit into that dress. I told them, I'll have to thank my ancestors the next time I see them. *grunt* They just couldn't understand how I could fit into my dress PERFECTLY and not be able to fit into one the same size. Well, to make matters worse, it turns out, the wrong size was sewn in my dress. So, I had to get a bigger size. Now the size thing I'm not concerned about, what matters is that it fit into a dress that looks good. What concerned me, is that this was another speed bump. Every inch of the way, there has been a speed bump that satan has put in my way to keep me from getting married or to change my mind. But God always came back and blessed me and Zac 10 times over. He made this situation all better. They decided that they are going to order me a bigger size, that will be in the store in January, and that they will make it a rush order/priority to be ready for me to pick up in March on the original date that was already set for me to pick up my other dress! I mean, how wonderful is that! God you are so awesome! Even in the midst of darkness, he ALWAYS turns on the light so that way I don't run into something. *giggle* But I called my mom last night and I just cried my eyes out. I felt so embaressed. My mom felt so bad because she couldn't be here to help and to comfort me. Oh well. But things are better now. It is a new day and His blessings are new every morning.

No comments: