Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Our First Christmas and New Years as a Married Couple

This year Zac and I stayed home for our First Christmas as a married couple. It was fantastic. His Mom kept saying, "if you want us to come up before or after Christmas, just let us know, and we'll come up!" Umm...NO!!!!! What part of we want to be by ourselves don't they understand?!?! Everyone keeps saying, "you won't be able to pull that off with any of your family as a newly married couple. At least not until you have kids." Great! Notice the sarcasm. But I made it perfectly clear to his family, that we were staying home for Christmas and New Years. My parents flew in to see us and stayed with me and Zac for a couple of days. It was great seeing my parents. Since they live in a different state, it is hard being able to see them anytime we want. Zac and I both with they lived closer, but that isn't an option right now. Maybe when we move out of state, we can live closer to them.
But Christmas and New Years was quiet, peaceful and just the two of us. YEAH! It was really wonderful. Maybe we can pull this off again next year? LOL. Yeah right, but hey, I can dream can't I?

No comments: